Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New medium BGE leaks rainwater

So I have had an XL for 4 or 5 years now and have never had any problems other than toasted gaskets. I bought a medium for my smaller cooks and noticed right away that it leaks rainwater inside. I noticed rust on my DFMT which was stored inside the egg and the charcoal would not light. I discarded that load of lump, put in new lump and ran the egg at 375 for 3 hours to dry it out. Once I did that, it cooked just fine. I did take the precaution of using my XL cover which pretty much swallows the egg, that will keep the rain out, but I am wondering how/why it leaks. My XL doesn't leak at all. The only thing I can think of is maybe it is leaking around the thermometer stem, although my XL doesn't do that. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else experienced it? 
The felt gaskets are new, in good shape and I close the lower vent completely and put the ceramic cap on the dome.

Comments