Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Pizza on Lodge Cast Iron Pizza Pan

HeathBarHeathBar Posts: 21
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Previous searches of mine led little information on using the Lodge Cast Iron Pizza Pan in the BGE.   Tonight we cooked 4 pizzas and though I'm new to BGE's I was thoroughly impressed with the crust that was formed.  

My setup:

XLBGE; platesetter with legs up, 4 inch raised grill (gets the cast iron 6-7 inches from the top of the dome), Lodge Cast Iron Pizza Pan pre-heated for 25 minutes.

The first pizza was at 650 for 4 minutes, and successive pizzas the temp was increasing a little faster than I expected so the next three were cooked from 700-750 or so and time on the CI was around 2 minutes.
XL BGE 

Comments