Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump sources near Osage Beach, MO?

Taking the family vacation near Osage Beach, MO in July and really want to to take a egg with me, but don't want to take the charcoal in order to save space.  Anyone in the area know where I can get lump when I get there?  Just trying to plan after discussions at Easter dinner. Thanks.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    My uncle runs a electrical company at the lake. I'll ask him to check around and find a spot or two for some supply.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Thanks @Solson005 I'd appreciate it. This is my biggest expenditure of the year on this trip and really don't want to load the charcoal to go down there. If I can get pics of where we are staying I'll throw them up, it's pretty crazy for me and my modest living.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    We have rented some cool places when we had a family reunion there a few summers ago. My uncle works on some amazing houses and docks. I'm trying to convince him to get a egg. We took my small camping with him and he was pretty impressed.

http://midwestgrillsandmore.com/

These guys should have lump for you, they sell eggs. But I will still ask my uncle.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Awesome, thank you.
    ^:)^
  • Solson005
    Sure, happy to help. 

Lake Sunrooms is in Sunrise Beach

Lake Patio and Pool Tables is in Osage Beach 

But I think those two might just have BGE lump. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Forgive me if I ask you this again sometime around the 4th of July, I think the house we have is for the week after.  Appreciate it.
  • Solson005
    Sure, I'll be up there in June and will look around as well.
  • Scottborasjr
    I emailed the eggCarten gentleman where is he based at to your knowledge? Wondering how early I should order one before the trip. Does he do paypal or another form of payment?
  • Solson005
    Houston area, he just does check or money order or that's all when I got mine. It only took a couple days to get to Oklahoma. He had them ready to ship.
  • Scottborasjr
    Judging from your posts you feel like it is a very indispensable item?
  • Solson005
    Yes I was never comfortable carrying it with one hand on the hinge and one in the draft door or on the bottom. Now I travel with my egg almost every week so it was a easy choice for me. 

If you don't end up getting one I would at least get a potlifter
  • Scottborasjr
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Hope vacation is a good one. That house look like my guest house. Joking. I could definitely chill there. I am surprised they for have an outdoor kitchen with an egg for you.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    The wife and I were down there last fall and stopped in a grill store along the main road through town.  I asked about BGE and got a deer in headlights look.  They may have had lump, but I didn't ask.  You might try a dealer locate on the BGE site.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    There is an Ace Hardware located there. If they don't stock it, you could order It and pick it up at the store. From Ace you could get Wicked Good, Grill Mark (royal oak, same as bge for half the price) or cowboy.
  • Scottborasjr
    @Chubbs no egg there I will have to take one of mine but don't feel like cooking on a Gasser for a week with that nice a setup.
  • Solson005
    That is quite the place! I'm sure you will have a great week and being able to bring your egg will make it even better! My aunt uses vrbo all the time up and down the coast of California and just mentioned that site to me a couple months ago. We try to find homes or condos to stay at so we dont have to double our vacation budget to eat out for every meal.