Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just hamburger patties

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,356
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
We cooked this Wednesday using up the 95/5 ground beef.  Cooked to IT of 170 (ground beef is one of the few pieces of the cow I don't want walking to my plate) seasoned with S&P and other spices.  Was very juicy and tasty.  We both opt out of using the buns.  Will be having the butcher grind more of this.

Large, small and mini SW Austin

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,691
    Nice, simple yet beautiful cook. Would love that right now
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,290
    Nice colour on those "burgers" sans bun. 
    Lately we have done the same, salad and just the patties. I do cheat a bit in that I throw in a spoon of Penzey's English prime rib rub - kid of upscales the meat. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Joan, was it dry?  Normally, 80/20 or 85/15 make a juicier burger.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,356
    VI not it was not dry at all.  
    I started to do a basic panade as insurance against drying out, but decided to do the one flip approach.  Indirect and flip when even moisture on top. Then on the mini for a fast sear on both side. Actually pulled off the small at about 156,  mini to 162 carry over to 170.
    The moisture you see is from the meat, nothing else added.  Oh yea the S&P were not added until going to the mini. 
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    That is one pretty plate
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA