Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easter egg bake

Made an egg bake on the bge for part of Easter brunch. Had just a touch of smoke from a chunk of apple wood. Have made this many times in the oven, but like all things, tasted much better from the egg!
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249
    what's in it? is it like a casserole?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,475
    another more manly way of saying quiche?

·
  • @Henapple and @nolaegghead:
    I've never had quiche, so not sure if its similar? 8 eggs beaten, cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon season salt, 2 cups frozen hashbrowns, 1 cup diced cooked ham, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion mixed together in greased pan. Went 400 indirect dome for 45 minutes.
    ·
    Quiche has a crust, but I was just joking about the myth started by this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche

·
  • Got the quiche reference, just responded litterly B-)
    ·
    It's all good.   So it came out De-licou-ous?

·