Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just hamburger patties

Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
We cooked this Wednesday using up the 95/5 ground beef.  Cooked to IT of 170 (ground beef is one of the few pieces of the cow I don't want walking to my plate) seasoned with S&P and other spices.  Was very juicy and tasty.  We both opt out of using the buns.  Will be having the butcher grind more of this.

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Nice, simple yet beautiful cook. Would love that right now
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice colour on those "burgers" sans bun. 
    Lately we have done the same, salad and just the patties. I do cheat a bit in that I throw in a spoon of Penzey's English prime rib rub - kid of upscales the meat. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Joan, was it dry?  Normally, 80/20 or 85/15 make a juicier burger.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    VI not it was not dry at all.  
    I started to do a basic panade as insurance against drying out, but decided to do the one flip approach.  Indirect and flip when even moisture on top. Then on the mini for a fast sear on both side. Actually pulled off the small at about 156,  mini to 162 carry over to 170.
    The moisture you see is from the meat, nothing else added.  Oh yea the S&P were not added until going to the mini. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    That is one pretty plate
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA