Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket help

13»

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Nice job! Looking forward to seeing the burnt ends as well.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • nice! Great work and you separated the point/flat perfectly. Very solid for your first. You can always sauce the drier parts of the flat and make sammies. They will be the best you have ever had.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • When I use dizzy, I use 1/2 dizzy dust and 1/2 cow lick. I'm not a big Montreal steak guy so i've never bought Rasing the steaks. Everything they do is great so hard to go wrong. I want to do a swamp venom brisket at Brisket camp this summer
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Looks good from here
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614

nice! Great work and you separated the point/flat perfectly.

I was actually surprised at how clearly defined the point and flat were when the cook was over compared to when it was raw. Separating it was one of the things I was most concerned about doing correctly and I don't think anyone could have screwed it up.

Very solid for your first.

Thank you, sir, but couldn't have done it without reading 100s of your how-to posts. Even got a decent smoke ring!

:D
  • nice! Great work and you separated the point/flat perfectly.
    I was actually surprised at how clearly defined the point and flat were when the cook was over compared to when it was raw. Separating it was one of the things I was most concerned about doing correctly and I don't think anyone could have screwed it up.
    Very solid for your first.
    Thank you, sir, but couldn't have done it without reading 100s of your how-to posts. Even got a decent smoke ring! :D
    I saw that! It just takes doing a few before you really get it down. You are very close. A few tweaks to make it yours and you'll have the boileregger method posted on here  =D>
  • Boileregger
    As requested, here are the burnt ends.  Everyone in the house agreed these are the best thing I've ever done on the egg.  18 hours total time on the egg.
  • As requested, here are the burnt ends.  Everyone in the house agreed these are the best thing I've ever done on the egg.  18 hours total time on the egg.

Why kind of sauce did you use for the BE's?
  • Boileregger
    Just some SBR I had in the fridge.