Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin (pix)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

Grilled up some simple pork tenderloins tonight.  Smoke roasted them with applewood until they hit an internal temperature of 145 deg f.  Gave them a 15 minute rest before carving.  They were quite on the tasty side.  ;)

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Nice.  Make sure you try the same method with a bone in pork roast, and try marinating.  My favorite for pork is Dichickos Garlic.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Is that the correct spelling of the marinate??  Where did you find it??  Thanks
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Is that the correct spelling of the marinate??  Where did you find it??  Thanks
    Me?  Here https://dichickos.com/

I am the Florida Ambassador for Dichickos.  Peri-peri is great.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    Looks awesome. I did tenderloins last weekend and never had any as good as the ones that came off the egg. I recommend the blackberry sauce per the recipe on this forum. ..... Not too difficult and totally fantastic! 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Look's great! One of my favorite cooks. 

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks great and one of the best things to make on a egg. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Looks awesome. Nice job. :)

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looks great Dyal. I will be cooking pork tenderloin later today.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    pork tenderloin is my second favorite pork cook.i keep them in the freezer because two to a pack is too much for pam and I. I just did get rid of the ones I took to Spartanburg.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks great, Dyal.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks great @dyal_sc  Did you rub them down with your rub?
    Large BGE

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Thx, guys and gals. @EddieK76 , yup, it was seasoned with Blue Boys BBQ rub. :) I will get some in the mail to you ASAP.
  • schoenb8
    schoenb8 Posts: 9
    Options

First time poster. Just got a large BGE as an early Father's day gift last weekend. Already have done stuffed burgers, grilled shrimp, and cedar planked salmon. Looking to do pork tenderloin tonight and was curious what does a slow roast exactly mean (time, temperature,etc.) Thanks!

• schoenb8
    schoenb8 Posts: 9
    Options
    Or smoke roasted?
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    I actually used the term wrong (I think) in this post. I think what it means is to indirectly grill your meat at a higher temp, with wood in the coals for smoke. If I remember correctly, I think I just directly grilled these tenderloins until they were done. I wanted a sear, so I opted to not indirectly cook them.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new egg! :D
  • sarivers
    sarivers Posts: 67
    Options
    @Dyal_SC, I cooked a pork loin yesterday too but it didn't get as nice and brown as yours. I cooked mine direct for about 1 hour at 300°. What temp and how long did you cook yours? It doesn't look like you raised yours. I did not raise mine either.
    Columbia, SC

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Or smoke roasted?
    Combination of the heat from charcoal and the smoke flavor from another wood, such as Apple, Oak, Pecan, Cherry, etc..
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Options
    One of my favorites!!
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    Looks really awesome.  Very hard to beat this.
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    sarivers said:
    @Dyal_SC, I cooked a pork loin yesterday too but it didn't get as nice and brown as yours. I cooked mine direct for about 1 hour at 300°. What temp and how long did you cook yours? It doesn't look like you raised yours. I did not raise mine either.

Sorry if you know this already - a pork loin and a tenderloin are different things. Tenderloin should only take about 20-25 mins. I do tenderloins raised at about 400.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    sarivers said:

Not answering for Dyal but I do mine at 375 or so raised direct till IT of 145

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    Great cook - my first cook on the BGE was a pork tenderloin.  And yes I know the difference between a loin and tenderloin!  HOOAH
  • sarivers
    Options
    ddegger said:

sarivers said:

Sorry if you know this already - a pork loin and a tenderloin are different things. Tenderloin should only take about 20-25 mins. I do tenderloins raised at about 400.

Yes, I misspoke. It was a tenderloin but I cooked it lower and longer. It was brown on one side but not the other. It tasted OK except I used peach chips and my family did not like that flavor.
    Columbia, SC

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Tenderloin is a great cook.  For a treat sometime, take a tenderloin, slather it with mayonnaise, and roll it in a package of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix.  Grill as discussed above.  Yum! 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Looks great, Dyal !!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• sarivers
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Tenderloin is a great cook.  For a treat sometime, take a tenderloin, slather it with mayonnaise, and roll it in a package of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix.  Grill as discussed above.  Yum! 
    That sounds great. Can't wait to try it.
    Columbia, SC

• CajunEggHead
    Options
    145 is a little too rare on pork for me I usually cook mine to 160 and it is still juicy although yours looks great 

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Looks good. I took advantage of costco's deal for $2.50 off a 4 pack this weekend. I bought 2 packs. I tried the salt crust method for the first time. It was a fun change and came out nice.
    Dunedin, FL
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Zombie thread won't die or mold

XLBGE