Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Daughter's First Chicken Cook

She's four years old and wanted to cook chicken on "her" Egg for supper tonight.  We had all three Eggs blazing away.  I bought a bag of leg quarters and cut them into legs & thighs which yielded a lot more than I thought.  I halfed a spaghetti squash, coated the flesh with EVOO and had it cooking indirect in the large a few minutes before I loaded in the chicken in the small and mini.  Like I said, we had a lot more chicken then I thought.  So I had to take the spaghetti squash out of the large and finished it in the oven.  I like cooking chicken raised direct, so I removed the hot stone from the large for the overflow chicken.  Here's some pix:

All three Eggs humming along here.

Elaine checking her Egg and practicing good burping technique.  She wanted to open her Egg frequently.  I had to remind her "If you're lookin', then you ain't cookin'!"  She likes the saying, but she would rather be lookin'.

Here's a look at her legs.

Here's the money shot on the good china.

image.

Thanks for looking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments