Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

17 inch round grill?

I went looking for a 17 inch grill around here, but no luck, do you know I can find one online? I don't want to pay a fortune. Thank you. 

grill.jpg 357.1K
·

Comments

• hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 91
    I got 16.5" grates at Academy for $4-5. Bring a tape measure because they label them as 18" since they are used in 18" grills.
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • I got mine from Academy. If you don't have one in your area get it on line

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • I built a raised grid yesterday, got everything at my local ace hardware. They sell Weber product, but are not a bge dealer. Stainless hardware was almost as much as the grid, total was about $30. The grid I got is 17 inches, and has handles, which makes it super easy to pull in and out. Could raise it about 4.5 inches above felt line without dome touching. Want to get a set up from cgs or cgw, but for now this was a cheap alternative.
    ·
    I got this one since it had more cross-bars and was only $1 more. 
    http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_27566_-1?ICID=CRT:0260-41150-0009

I use one for a raised grid like your photo and trimmed the sides off two more to make oval rib racks that can slide between the bolts of the raised grid.  Makes moving full racks on and off the grill much easier.
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
    edited March 2013
    deleted since my photos keep getting flipped around

Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    The grids for Weber 18: 5 " kettle grills will fit the large egg. Available at HD, Loews, etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    I got mine at Lowes for 10.99, it was actually the charcoal grid not the cooking grid for a Weber 22" kettle. Nice heavy grid though.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
    ·
  • savysavy Posts: 15
    Thank you for the imput. I will place a order today. 
    ·
    At the end, this is what I both, pretty happy with the result. Because you can fold the grill when your cooking for accessing your food underneath. 

·
  • savy said:
    At the end, this is what I both, pretty happy with the result. Because you can fold the grill when your cooking for accessing your food underneath. 

That looks nice!  Just a thought for next time:  Try cooking the meat above the veggies and let the juices flavor those veggies up!  It's delicious!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    I will try it next time, thank you for the tip. 
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    Had one of those folding grills. Fried it on high temp cook, so I made a similar DIY rig as @savy.. Built mine out of webber rack and ss bolts and washers. Works great waiting for CGS to make the equivalent again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·