Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks Mickey

Cooked Mickey's Naked Ham and it is the bomb. All of the family voted it the best ham they have ever had. I sorry their are no pictures but we didn't plan on yesterday being as hectic as it was so the cook didn't start till late in the afternoon. Multiple cooks in the kitchen doing multiple tasks.....the camera just never found it way out to the egg. Thanks Mickey for all the help. If you have not cooked the Naked Ham yet, put it on your cooking rotation.
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• pineypiney Posts: 464
    I think I'll try one today. I have fixed several Egrets Hams and they were wonderful, but today, I think something different. I have a 8-9 lb spiral will smoke about 275-300 to IT of 140, wonder how long that will take?
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,287
    I don't think a spiral sliced will work.  I think it would dry out too much over the -4 hour cook.. 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,287
    edited March 2013
    it did exist..What was leftover  (before breakfast picture).
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,826
    edited March 2013
    You nailed it. Please tell everyone what a hard cook it was =)) heck, Vi could do it drunk riding his Vespa. Joan it taste like ham. I have done it the last two Fests, you can talk and cook this.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    Mickey said:
    Vi could do it drunk riding his Vespa. 
    You're being redundant.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,826
    edited March 2013
    Mickey said:
    Vi could do it drunk riding his Vespa. 
    You're being redundant.

You better be smiling when you call me a rat.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • pineypiney Posts: 464
    Thanks Austin, I tried it a different way (with oj) wasn't bad but I liked Egret"s better.
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·