Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easter Dinner Cook... I'm Back

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
Back from the shore and looking forward to egging tomorrow. Nothing too crazy, in fact the ham will be simply heated in the oven to 140IT. It's one of those pre cooked blah hams...

Egging some lamb pops using the BGE Cook Book recipe and some bacon wrapped asparagus.

Happy Easter everyone!

imageimage
image.jpg 756.5K
image.jpg 740.2K
·

Comments

• HarmeningHarmening Posts: 35
    Try wrapping that asparagus in prosciutto some time.  Blanch the asparagus, then wrap in prosciutto.  Throw on the grill for a couple of minutes.  De-licious.
    ·
  • Welcome back hope you had a good time. I like the asparagus that looks real good.  
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Harmening said:
    Try wrapping that asparagus in prosciutto some time.  Blanch the asparagus, then wrap in prosciutto.  Throw on the grill for a couple of minutes.  De-licious.
    That's the recipe I was thinking of doing this... But we love asparagus just about any way you can prep it; especially grilled.
    ·
    For all the veterans out there... Would you do the asparagus bundles direct or indirect?
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Depends on how thick your bacon is and what you cooked before, i'm in the not take hot things out of the egg camp so I would probably just go with the method that my main dish was cooked with. I like direct for just plain asparagus. But you might be able to let the bacon crisp up a little more if it is indirect, which is my method for ABTs. 

I wish I could get people I cook for to eat lamb, that looks like a great meal! 
    =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Lamb chops look awesome Hap! Awesome bro!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,923
    Hope the time away was rewarding for you and the family. Enjoy that lamb tomorrow, looks fantastic. Good luck on the pursuit of the new position.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,900
    veggies  I usually do direct. 

I love the way asparagus make my pee smell.

·
    Thanks guys... Will let you know on both the new position and how the bacon wrapped veggies turn out.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Welcome back @hapster. Great looking lamb. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • I have heard mix reviews on the BGE cook book, but if it has more stuff like those lamb chops, maybe it would be worth the cost vs free recipes on the Web? Do you cook from it often?
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    hapster said:
    For all the veterans out there... Would you do the asparagus bundles direct or indirect?

I wouldn't call myself a veteran but I recently did those bacon wrapped asparagus. I did them raised direct at 350.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
    I have heard mix reviews on the BGE cook book, but if it has more stuff like those lamb chops, maybe it would be worth the cost vs free recipes on the Web? Do you cook from it often?
    The book was a gift from the inlaws... This is really the first straight from the book recipe that I am trying.

@Que_n_Brew... I was planning on the same for the asparagus :)
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Here is the rest of the story... The ham was okay, the lamb and asparagus were outstanding; both will be repeated :)

imageimageimageimage
    image.jpg 799.2K
    image.jpg 1.8M
    image.jpg 1.6M
    image.jpg 540.9K
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    nice 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    Nice cook, Happy Easter.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    The lamb chops look amazing... the whole plate looks great. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Thanks guys...

The lamb turned out amazing... I am going to try a leg of soon based on today's results.
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    @hapster what temp did you do the asparagus ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
    I do them at 350 raised direct...
    ·