Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Which one...willing to travel!

I'm a newbie egger, and would like to attend an eggfest. Any recomendations on which one to attend? Willing to travel a little, but would like to go to one where I can learn some of the basics. Thanks all
·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Where are you located? There are sev. Around the country.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • I'm in Milwaukee, Wi
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 265

I think there's one in southwest Minneapolis in a few weeks.  There's also on in Lacrosse, WI in June, and a few in Indiana.  I've not heard anything about those particular eggfests.  For some unknown reason, there seems to be lots of them in Pennsylvania!

Just hit the BGE events page, and pick a spot you'd like to visit for a weekend

http://www.biggreenegg.com/events/eggfests/

·
  • Happy Easter all! Is their one in Atlanta every year? When? Otherwise I was looking at the one in Cincy or North Royalton, OH. Has anyone been to one? What was your experience? Thanks all
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    @RICHIED777 there is one in Hiawasse in May.  'Bout 2 hrs north of the ATL.

http://www.mountainegg.com/
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 88
    I'm over near Janesville, I was looking at those same two also. Or Dizzy Fest, which would be great, bit It is a little bit of a trek.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Every October they take over the Atlanta Motor Speedway and have EGGTOBERFEST that is the big one. But there are lots of eggfests that can be found here on the BGE website  or the front page of the Green Eggers forum 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • JustacookinJustacookin Posts: 246
    LDR where is the one in MPLS I think there was one in Shakopee today at an appliance store. Which is about 15 miles south. Could not make it today would really like to get to one.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·
  • RICHIED777RICHIED777 Posts: 74
    Is their a eggfest in La Crosse this year?
    ·
  • bcsnavebcsnave Posts: 775
    edited August 2014
    I'm in Milwaukee, Wi

There is one in St Paul MN on Sept 20, 2014...I am going to be there

I am up by Elkhart Lake..just got my Large and Mini a month ago..

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

·