Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broke my foot off in some wings

2»

Comments

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    I'm definitely a savory kind o guy, but there's something special about all that sugah caramelized with a little tart and spice.  Looks like you got a nice mix for the weekend. 

I'm still interested in a New Orleans Brisket camp - you're thinking summer, after spring, or including?  Summer is wide open, spring there's all kinds of stuff going on, but I'd be down with either. 
    Brisket Camp??? I can convince myself to visit some family and make it to NOLA if its an open invite??
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Alton said:
    I'm definitely a savory kind o guy, but there's something special about all that sugah caramelized with a little tart and spice.  Looks like you got a nice mix for the weekend. 

I'm still interested in a New Orleans Brisket camp - you're thinking summer, after spring, or including?  Summer is wide open, spring there's all kinds of stuff going on, but I'd be down with either. 
    Brisket Camp??? I can convince myself to visit some family and make it to NOLA if its an open invite??
    Yep, tentatively planned for this summer in New Orleans.  Gonna work out the details, set a date, then figure out how many people want to come.  If it's small, we could do it at my manbearcave/crib/house....get more than a few parties interested we'll have to hit some public space.  All tentative at this point.
    Space may be limited, haven't discussed details with SWMBO or CT, don't mean to jump the gun.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ..........and well past the 1 hour edit window  :-SS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    A home run, CT!

Blues Hog is pretty damn sweet. SWMBO loves it. I like it better when cut with BH Red or with some cumin and cayenne added. The flavor does change a bit though after it cooks and caramelizes, so it does not taste as sweet as it does straight from the jar. HEB started carrying these recently, so I picked up a stash. The honey mustard one is good too, but better with some added heat. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    A home run, CT!

Blues Hog is pretty @#!*% sweet. SWMBO loves it. I like it better when cut with BH Red or with some cumin and cayenne added. The flavor does change a bit though after it cooks and caramelizes, so it does not taste as sweet as it does straight from the jar. HEB started carrying these recently, so I picked up a stash. The honey mustard one is good too, but better with some added heat. 
    I got it at HEB. Crazy sweet but once caramelized it was better for me. It was like magic shell on those wings though :))

Gotta say, I really enjoyed it. Shot my low carb diet all to hell for the day...........so I just started drinking.

never let a good diet failure go to waste :)

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    edited March 2013
    I'm most of the way through a 12 pk of straw ber Ritas. They are new and I had to try them. Now I'm just drunk.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I'm most of the way through a 12 pk of straw ber Ritas. They are new and I had to try them. Now I'm just drunk.
    God bless you Mr. Strickland. I had my first drink of the week about an hour ago. What is this world coming to?

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I took about a week off after salado. The wife lady didn't speak to me for a few days due to my poor behavior.
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    I did wings last week using John Henry's Pecan Rub and Hot Bone Suckin Sauce. They were extremely good. A little sweet with some heat, more BBQ than Buffalo
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • nolaegghead
    I took about a week off after salado. The wife lady didn't speak to me for a few days due to my poor behavior.
    Wife lady must have pretty high standards because I don't recall you teetering on the edge of goin' ta jail behavior. 
    You weren't at my house afterwords. My friend from Afghanistan came over. He's a cop now.
  • I took about a week off after salado. The wife lady didn't speak to me for a few days due to my poor behavior.

I thought you were a perfect gentleman.
  • nolaegghead
    After the after-party, later at home, Travis thought he saw a squirrel so he and his Afgan buddy pumped a few hunnert rounds through it before realizing it didn't qualify as bushy tailed rodentia.  It was his wife's car.  The body shop was ecstatic.   His wife lady....not so...oh, I'm just makin' this **** up.
    edited March 2013
    @travisstrick how is that Strawberry concoction? Just got it at my store the other day, but considering I have to deal with my mother-in-law tomorrow I haven't bought any. Dealing with her is more a whiskey or rum option.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • +1 on the Brisket camp

BOOMER!
  • Space may be limited, haven't discussed details with SWMBO or CT, don't mean to jump the gun.

I'm good however it shakes out. Sounds fun to me.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Fantabulous looking wings. Might need to look for that sauce to try it on wings.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings