Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs in the rain

I must say, it has been an eggslant week of new egg ownership! Lots to learn, but have turned out some good cooks. Tonight was Rib night. Did 4 racks of baby backs using homemade Dr BBQ rubs and cook plan. Also made a home made 2nd level today for about $25 to cook 4 racks flat. Used a commercial sauce, attempted to make my own sauce as well, but that was a flop. Best news was the ribs where outstanding! Photo quality isn't the best, but had to prove the cook and show off the smoke ring. Very happy with the cook.
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    Nice set up. Great looking ribs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    They look great and welcome to the addiction! I also did some baby backs today using Dizzy Dust. Making your sauces is trial and error. I make my own sauces because I can't tolerate carbs these days. There are some great sauce recipes on this forum. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Looks excellent where they tender?

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • Very tender, they passed the bend test and toothpick test. They where not fall off the bone, had proper "bite". The end bones where a bit dry, will probably take one bone off each end next time to shorten racks up just a bit, and get rid of thin ends.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    Don't let any weather slow u down. That's why for the egg in the first place, so u could laugh at whatever Mother Nature through at you.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    Those look about as perfect as it gets!!  Great job, @LTAFlynEgg !!!  :)
    ·