Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Might keep the gasser afterall. (Pic)

Side view. Forgive me. Ill figure it out
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• This is BRILLIANT!! I am stealing this idea.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    I do the same thing, works great for letting the electric starter cool down.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Tried to rotate. Whatever. You get the idea. Keeps everything dry.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    i do use my gasser for storage, but I use the for veggies, etc when I am cooking on Mini and do not want to load up charcoal on the LBGE just for a quick cook of veggies.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I am using my old charcoal grill for storage as well. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Pity, your gasser is a great warming oven, works for veggies and of course for a good spot to put hot stuff, if its not doing veggies or just keeping stuff warm. Mine also has a side burner which saves firing up the turkey burner to saute some shrooms or prawns or ??????. 
    Grandkids love "NewfieTube Steaks" (wieners) and they like the gasser, they cook their own. 
    I love my egg, but would not be without a gasser. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

Pity, your gasser is a great warming oven, works for veggies and of course for a good spot to put hot stuff, if its not doing veggies or just keeping stuff warm. Mine also has a side burner which saves firing up the turkey burner to saute some shrooms or prawns or ??????. 
    Grandkids love "NewfieTube Steaks" (wieners) and they like the gasser, they cook their own. 
    I love my egg, but would not be without a gasser. 
    + 1

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I just cleaned all the greasy spots off mine up today Gotta have clean storage, right??? I do like skiddy and use the gasser for veggies when my large is full and the outer burner to make my Q sauce

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    My gasser is primarily my work table for changing out hot racks and storage when switching out the Adjustable Rig. But like others have said I do use it for hot dogs for the kids at large gatherings and to be a warming unit. Only happened a couple of times, but I still use it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

I was dead set on selling my gasser this spring. Having biught my egg last fall I have no use for it nor do I want to go back to using it to cook anything.

I have now changed my mind. I only paid $300 for it 6or 7 years ago so it owes me nothing. It will now become egg storage. perfect idea.