Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another new egger

I've had my egg for about two weeks now and don't know how I managed to live without it. So far I've cooked burgers, pork tenderloin and a few steaks. Everything has turned out excellent and I definitely have to give full credit to the egg. Was hoping to smoke my first butt this weekend but the weather is nasty and decided to hold off til next weekend. Probably gonna do pizzas instead :) Anyways... Here is a pic from Thursdays cook. Ribeye was done indirect at 300 until 115 internal temp. Then I removed the plate setter and cranked up the heat to do the asparagus and sear the steaks. (Bread and twice baked potatoes were egged as well)
·

Comments

• tinee2001tinee2001 Posts: 14
    Oops
    image.jpg 435.9K
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,113
    That's a strong introduction.  Good work.  Welcome aboard.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • welcome aboard. The Egg does great in bad weather so if you can handle it, so can the egg. That's the whole reason I bought mine- to cook all winter when I lived in WI. 

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,894
     Welcome aboard-it's a game changer as you are experiencing.  Several here very willing to answer any questions you may have.   Now-I won't vouch for the quality of some of the answers you may get! :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Welcome aboard!   I would never buy anything else but an Egg from here on out :)  
    ·
  • lousubcap said:
     Welcome aboard-it's a game changer as you are experiencing.  Several here very willing to answer any questions you may have.   Now-I won't vouch for the quality of some of the answers you may get! :)
    Hey! I'm right here ya know.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    welcome....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tinee2001tinee2001 Posts: 14
    The forums are filled with great info and have helped me tremendously so far. Very excited to finally be an official egghead!
    ·
  • Welcome picture looks awsome, just so you know im not really full of good info mainly just full of crap. Just so you know.
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,783
    Welcome to the club! Great looking steak.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    Welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • You figured out the heat already? Still learning here...
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 557
    That's what I call "getting out of the gate". Nice...welcome!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 576
    Welcome to the Big Green Vortex, it's an addiction.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,157
    Welcome to the party!! As egger ave said it is an addiction :D

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,452
    Welcome, the fun is just starting!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    Welcome - great start!
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 187
    Welcome!  Lots of great information in here.  Don't be shy.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 602
    Welcome. Nice food there.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·