Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

advice for newbies

henapplehenapple Posts: 10,754
first off, you're not a newbie... you're a neo, New egg owner...a newbie can't do anything, you can.

be easy on yourself and don't get frustrated... it'll come

don't buy the egg and automatically buy everything you can... and wait to build your table till you get the feel of what you need and want...I think a thermapen is a must though.

there is no " best charcoal"... if your happy with it... roll on. if you don't like Ozark Oak though you're a dumbass

get involved on this forum. it's a wealth of info and filled with great folks. search for answers but ask the questions you need answered.

don't be overly sensitive... there are disagreements on here and someone will rag on you. who cares?

go to an eggfest.. and cook.

be adventurous... try your own way

share pictures, fails and wins

whether your cook is good or bad it's a win. you've learned more than you knew.

cook more than needed and share with your local firehall, emt station, orphanage, etc

it is a cult... and it will change the way you cook and view food.

I've only been egging since last August and these are just a few lessons I've picked up.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments