Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Hogs for the Cause - NOLA

So I mentioned participating in a Hog cook off NOLA in another thread and wanted to post some pictures. It is a hog cook off and music festival. My team made (1) bao (steamed buns) filled with veal stock braised pork cheeks, pickled pig's tongue, pickled veggies, cilantro, mint and topped with fresh fried thin sliced pig's ear, (2) smoked pork shoulder pot pies with a mango chutney (3) dark cherry or praline snoballs topped with candied bacon and bacon infused dulce de lece (4) whole smoked Berkshire hog (5) ribs and (6) pulled pork. The whole hog was too large to cook on an egg, so we used a large offset. The egg did not make the trip as I was fearful for transport and I have not had enough practice on it to use in a competition. I will hopefully use the egg next year for the judge's ribs. My team is mostly all new to BBQ with less than a year's experience, but we placed 2nd out of 85 teams for our "tongue in cheek" bao dish in the porkpourri category. It was an awesome event and a lot of fun.
"America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams

Comments