Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New guy can't post!

ot a new guy goes by ericdc and is signed in but can't seem to post. Can anyone help him out?
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    edited March 2013
    He's gotta wait until a human gives him write privileges.  What he has, logging in and posting PMs, is the automated part of registration and occurs quickly.  Might take a few hours to a few days.

·
  • jfdaly007jfdaly007 Posts: 12
    It took a week for me.
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 108
    does he still own a gasser? :))
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    that's the problem.  Account doesn't activate as fast depending on how much infidel bbq equipment that user owns.

·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 85
    If he is from WI it may even take a couple weeks or more. At one point I could start a new thread, but could post a reply in my own thread.
    ·
  • NativeNative Posts: 9
    Maybe a couple of hours for me.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,958
    They will do an intense background check and credit report and then you will be good assuming your credit is 800. Only second to special clearance with the gubment. Patience my friend.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    it took me calling corporate to get here
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I just told the higher up of BGE I would date their daughters.  Let me right in
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980

My presence is proof that they need to raise the bar where the forum admission standards are concerned. 

Anyone who can't get in here probably has bigger issues to address - like @henapple and @chris123stock who freely admit that they circumvented the usual screening process.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    I gave @Cen-Tex smoker $100
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980
    henapple said:
    I gave @Cen-Tex smoker $100

You overpaid.  He'd do a lot more than get you on this forum for the change out of your sofa.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Send a message to EGGzilla_jr

·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 623
    I had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview before activated.  Wasn't too bad but the in person interview I had to fly 600 miles.  Womp.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·