Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinades are nice, but simplicity is sweet.

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man, I love marinades, and spending lots of time on recipes. But the option of simplicity is wonderful at times like this! Still workin after 2 am, and at 8 pm I decided to do some babybacks for a friday lunch. Tim will be in the area, and will probably swing by and join me. They just finished thawing and I slathered them real quick-like with good ol' frenches mustard. Sprinkled on a mixture of rubs, and wrapped in saran wrap for am 8 am start. [p]Took a total of 15 minutes to prep, and guaranteed good after a few hours on my green buddy.[p]Simple. Good. Ribs. Yum.
Workin too hard.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Oh good - I guess I am invited for lunch. Perfect day too![p]Darn, now I have to find something to bring you again. [p]Tim

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]My egging experience so far has kind of been marked by a few different phases of cooking. I went through the learning phase early on, cooking a lot of different things at different temperatures etc with different rubs and marinades. Then I went through the minimalist phase where I liked to cook just the meat, using different woods for flavor. Then I went through the seafood phase (just recently) and learned about different fish, times, flavors, techniques etc. I think out of all of this, I have learned what you state in your post:[p]"But the option of simplicity is wonderful at times..."[p]Sometimes simple is best. Have a great 4th and enjoy the ribs. I have the salmon in the fridge with the salt/sugar/dill on it, ready to smoke this evening. Then, a whole salmon for tomorrows cook and a HUGE slab/steak of Wahoo, looks to be about a three pound steak, should be good. Enjoy...[p]Troy
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Well put. I bought some outrageous London broil from my butcher and used the KISS principle to cook it. [p]-Take good piece of meat(no marinades,pastes,etc...)
    -Make good fire (750º)
    -Don't screw it up[p]Simple and great! Like my butcher says, "you can beat my prices, but you can't beat my meat".[p]Drink a cold one and just chill.
    -Jobu