Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

R and D Report / Onion Pie

Options
Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
onionpie.jpg
<p />Super pie. All the food groups: bacon, sausage, cheese. This ones a keeper. Spent an exhausting day watching womens doubles volley ball. A lot of spanking on spikes got me to thinking of how to improve upon Vidalia pie. Simple: Add Bacon and Sausage.
I regretably must look for a research grant since all of this experimentation is expensive and time consuming. Some of our researchers have been known to partake directly from a card board boxed wine. They have long since forgotten the joys of pulling a real cork. Please send contributions ASAP so this invaluable work may continue.

Comments

• Charbon,
    Looks and sounds awesome![p]Can you elaborate on the ingredients and procedures? I'm thinking further research might lead me in the direction of using pizza dough instead of pie crust, making it more of a mega deep dish 'za. [p]Hmmm.[p]bc

• 183fdb48.jpg
    <p />Charbon,[p]I second the request for the recipe. Alittle fine tuning never hurts. I make the Larry Ward version with bacon & pepper jack added and love 'em[p]~thirdeye~

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    bc, I used deep dish frozen pie crust. skillet fried onions 1/2 lb bacon and 1/2 lb sausage. Put into shell topped with 3 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup sour cream. added cup of chedder and 1/2 cup of mozzerelle. Baked indirect at 400 for one hour. I would bet bread dough would be great. I think I would change the mix to make more Italian. Something like a pepper,onion,tomato, giant topless calzone?

• Charbon,[p]Mmmm! I have some ideas; thank you![p]bc[p]