Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pineapple Bacon Shrimp with Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce - recipe from Salado

13»

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,121
    Even with pre-cooking the bacon for 7 minutes, it took me about 1/2 hour. Just did some last night.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,400

alynd said:

sorry if i missed it, but how long do these things take to cook?

Until the bacon is done.  At 300 it will take 40 to 50 minutes, then glaze them with the sauce and leave them on another 5 to 10 minutes, so I typically plan for an hour to be safe.  At Salado in an effort to keep up with demand we cranked it up to about 400 degrees and they cooked about twice as fast.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,454
    Foghorn, got all the makings for your bacon/shrimp for Easter. I can't wait to try them. I did partially precook thin bacon but all the rest will be the same. I sure hope I can remember to put the camera to use. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,400

" I sure hope I can remember to put the camera to use. ;;) "

Me too.  Good luck (not that you need it).

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·