Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dough ball sizes for pizza question

Ok pizza experts: I've had a lot of great success with pizza on the egg, but am looking for some advice to improve my consistency. I've been just dividing the dough into roughly equal size balls, but then seem to be stretching them to thin for a decent size pie. For those of you who weigh you dough, what size do you use for different size pizzas?
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    It is true, you really have to weigh each ingredient in baking to be accurate!  Thats why i bought a scale --- but i never used it yet!! :((   And every time i make my dough recipe, i look at the dough ball and think it isn't enough.  But i follow the directions and it say's it will ake two pies and it has never failed me.  This is a thin crust recipe and it is so good i think it would taste good without a topping on it!! >:D<
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 867
    About 260 grams for a 13-inch pie. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 848
     it is so good i think it would taste good without a topping on it!! >:D<
    I know what you mean, often we bake one blank and use it for the bread part of bruschetta and it is always a hit as an appetizer.

• jlsm said:
    About 260 grams for a 13-inch pie. 

I usually go about 310g, but mine may be a little thicker or pulling back when thrown onto the stone :)
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 134
    I suggest checking out the dough calculators at - will give you the dough ball weight based on desired thickness and diameter.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO