Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Building a Egg table

EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 422
edited March 2013 in EGG Table Forum

Im in the process of building a table for my XL Egg. From what I have read online, it seems that from the top shelf to the top of the bottom shelf, the height needs to be 12.5". Im guessing there is NO wiggle room here since the cut out must be 26 1/4". Heres what I don't like. With the 12.5" height, that doesn't leave much room to place anything on the shelf itself. Has anyone lowered the shelf lets say another 6" for a total of 18.5" from the top shelf to the top of the bottom shelf? With going this route you would need to build a box 6" tall to bring the Egg back up to the 12.5" height right?

Also, has anyone run into any issues with the hinge mechanism on the back of the XL Egg hitting the table? When I was looking at some plans, I think I would need to have the Egg cutout come about 2"-3" from the back side to avoid the hinge hitting the table when you open the lid. Once again, this all goes back to making sure that you have that 12.5" height perfectly.

Just looking for ideas or input.

Comments