Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Does your platesetter looks like a arsonist crime scene?

Mine does, I notice a lot of people in videos putting down a tin pan over the plate setter to catch the drippings.
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Mine gets nasty at times because i stopped using a drip pan a year ago, all i use is a layer of foil bent up on the sides to catch the drippings and evaporate them!!  But it turns clean when i do something hot like pizza..
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Crank the Egg up to very high temp, then put the platesetter in.  It will look like new after a long burn.

Yes, usually if you have a meat that drips alot, people will put down a pan or aluminum foil.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Do you just burn it off?
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Yep, it's like cleaning your oven.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803

I wrap the stone for my AR in foil (when I remember)/ My placesetter is in the shed somewhere. its black.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    My plate setter looks like a black cave monster. I only use some form of gtt pan when doing a juicy low and slow. But like others have said, when you do a pizza it'll look good as knew. I prefer the seasoned look of the egg innards over clean. Working hard to get my small dirty!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,834
    What cooking nurse and Nola said
    Boom
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    edited March 2013
    "I only use some form of gtt pan
    @MrCookingNurse   Do non-medical folk get the gtt = drip reference?
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 247
    I get these lids at Sam's. Don't recall the price but they were reasonable. Depending on the food they will last several cooks.image
    Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    Mine is all nasty looking. I have it stored on a shelf in my back yard and my dogs are always trying to lick it.
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I also put foil on mine
    ·