Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Does your platesetter looks like a arsonist crime scene?

Mine does, I notice a lot of people in videos putting down a tin pan over the plate setter to catch the drippings.
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Mine gets nasty at times because i stopped using a drip pan a year ago, all i use is a layer of foil bent up on the sides to catch the drippings and evaporate them!!  But it turns clean when i do something hot like pizza..
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Crank the Egg up to very high temp, then put the platesetter in.  It will look like new after a long burn.

Yes, usually if you have a meat that drips alot, people will put down a pan or aluminum foil.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Do you just burn it off?
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Yep, it's like cleaning your oven.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,981

I wrap the stone for my AR in foil (when I remember)/ My placesetter is in the shed somewhere. its black.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,305
    My plate setter looks like a black cave monster. I only use some form of gtt pan when doing a juicy low and slow. But like others have said, when you do a pizza it'll look good as knew. I prefer the seasoned look of the egg innards over clean. Working hard to get my small dirty!

XLBGE 
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    What cooking nurse and Nola said
    Boom
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    edited March 2013
    "I only use some form of gtt pan
    @MrCookingNurse   Do non-medical folk get the gtt = drip reference?
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
    I get these lids at Sam's. Don't recall the price but they were reasonable. Depending on the food they will last several cooks.image
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    Mine is all nasty looking. I have it stored on a shelf in my back yard and my dogs are always trying to lick it.
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I also put foil on mine
    ·