Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Table question?

Options
Im in the process of building a table for my XL egg.. Question is, has anyone made some type of strap to lower the egg into the hole? My uncle will be helping me with the build, but hes not young anymore. I would also like the strap incase a measurement is a little off so the egg doesn't get wedged in the hole.
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options

Take all of the components out of the egg - fire box and everything.  It's not bad after that.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A pot mover or rig up somefin like this:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5017260/uploads/FileUpload/b7/7dafa67bb09869686970dcdafcb68f.jpg

That looks like that would work..

Also, Im putting a piece of porcelain tile on top of the bench. The tile is going to sit directly on top of the wood. What kind of adhesive are you guys using to attach the tile to the wood? Ive read Liquid Nails is a no go, regular mortar mix is not good also. So what can I use?

• nolaegghead
    Options

That looks like that would work..

Also, Im putting a piece of porcelain tile on top of the bench. The tile is going to sit directly on top of the wood. What kind of adhesive are you guys using to attach the tile to the wood? Ive read Liquid Nails is a no go, regular mortar mix is not good also. So what can I use?

Silicone.  Heat resistant, removable, water resistant.  It's the shiznit.
    So its not a permanent bond, more like a "temp holding solution" to keep the plate from moving with ease?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    No, it's permanent.  It's not coming off unless you pry it off.   It's how they secure granite, marble and cement tops to cabinet bases, for example.  Make sure the surfaces are clean.
    So just regular silicone caulk in a tube will work?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yep.  The 10oz caulk gun tube.  They're about 7 bucks.   I like the clear.