Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg Table question?

Im in the process of building a table for my XL egg.. Question is, has anyone made some type of strap to lower the egg into the hole? My uncle will be helping me with the build, but hes not young anymore. I would also like the strap incase a measurement is a little off so the egg doesn't get wedged in the hole.

Comments

• LDRLDR Posts: 274

Take all of the components out of the egg - fire box and everything.  It's not bad after that.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,437
    A pot mover or rig up somefin like this:

http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/biggreenegg.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/b7/7dafa67bb09869686970dcdafcb68f.jpg

• That looks like that would work..

Also, Im putting a piece of porcelain tile on top of the bench. The tile is going to sit directly on top of the wood. What kind of adhesive are you guys using to attach the tile to the wood? Ive read Liquid Nails is a no go, regular mortar mix is not good also. So what can I use?

That looks like that would work..

Also, Im putting a piece of porcelain tile on top of the bench. The tile is going to sit directly on top of the wood. What kind of adhesive are you guys using to attach the tile to the wood? Ive read Liquid Nails is a no go, regular mortar mix is not good also. So what can I use?

Silicone.  Heat resistant, removable, water resistant.  It's the shiznit.

• So its not a permanent bond, more like a "temp holding solution" to keep the plate from moving with ease?
    No, it's permanent.  It's not coming off unless you pry it off.   It's how they secure granite, marble and cement tops to cabinet bases, for example.  Make sure the surfaces are clean.

• So just regular silicone caulk in a tube will work?
    Yep.  The 10oz caulk gun tube.  They're about 7 bucks.   I like the clear.