Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sous vide meatloaf

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,257
edited March 2013 in Beef

Got a couple of meatloaves(?) in sous vide at 147*. Just gonna light the egg. Any ideas on time?

One is about 5" x 4" and the other is 3" x 4"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    hour an inch thickness is a pretty good guideline

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,257
    Thanks man! Gonna be a late dinner I guess

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited March 2013
    go for an hour and stick a thermapen in it (through a hole in the corner so you can reseal easily).

·
    Actually I was going to do it in one piece and I made the bag long enough so the bag is out of the water

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    you ever get your weird photo posting problem resolved?

·
    I've got the posting alright but my daughter pooched the camera. Going to take it in this weekend. Kinda miss posting cooks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    So do we, so for god-sakes man, get another friggin' camera!  She likes yours.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,142
    edited March 2013
    Steven you are at 147 before the Egg. What are you going to? I could be all wrong but I would think a high heat on all sides for browning and to crisp up and eat????
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    gawd, my previous post was unintelligible.  
    b-(

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,142
    f
    gawd, my previous post was unintelligible.  
    b-(

Drugs will do that =))
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    I've only had 3 diet coke and Evan Williams cocktails! Oh, and a couple lines of meat glue....

·
    You go girl!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·