Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Feet?

Hey Egg Heads! Im just getting into the BIG Green Egg hobby and its been fun so far. I am in need of those Ceramic Feet that I keep reading about. My dealer does not carry them and said they use to come with the older style Egg's. Does anyone know where I can get a set of 3 from?

Thanks

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I also would like some, but I can't seem to find any.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • I also would like some, but I can't seem to find any.
    I got first dibs  :))  LOL
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Maybe I can find 8! Then we will both be set.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Many times you are able to find them on Ebay but it will not necessarily be cheap. There is a lot of demand for them. You can always use balls of foil....but then there is no status with that.  :<)

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • I have one foot lol I think thew most of them away. Never know I might find some. If I do I will have a fight to the death and winner gets them.
  • I see some people use potted plant legs (probably from a big box store) or if your handy, you could cut firebrick into the appropriate size.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    <P> </P>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lowes - about $6

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Potted Plant legs look like a winner to me!
  • When I asked my dealer, he said that a set comes with each egg. However, if someone buys a "nest", he doesn't give them the feet. He had a bag of them and gave me four since I wasn't given my original set.
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    When I asked my dealer, he said that a set comes with each egg. However, if someone buys a "nest", he doesn't give them the feet. He had a bag of them and gave me four since I wasn't given my original set.

Watch that he does not steal from you also. The feet belonged to the person buying the Large. Not anything to do with buying a Nest ( bet he charged them for it). They come inside the Large package and he removed them.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    When my parents bought their large not too long ago the feet were in a box I believe with the ceramic damper. If the dealer took them out he had to open stuff up. I have gotten a bunch free from my local dealer that also kept them when people got a nest. Maybe they used to be packaged different?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    My least favorite local dealer had some lying around, after I had checked with 2 other dealers. He wanted $ 10 for each foot, so I passed. I think Fred's bbq had black ones for $ 20 per set.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Lit said:
    When my parents bought their large not too long ago the feet were in a box I believe with the ceramic damper. If the dealer took them out he had to open stuff up. I have gotten a bunch free from my local dealer that also kept them when people got a nest. Maybe they used to be packaged different?

Packaging the same.

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2013

We have a few sets around the shop.  If any Bay Area Eggers are looking for a set stop in and we can take of you.  We sell them 4 for $19.99.

Sorry we do not ship.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Mickey
    @SMITTYtheSMOKER did you guys order them from Egg or is someone missing feet? Just asking. I feel dealers who keep the feet (taken out of the packaging) from customers who paid for them is wrong.

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I bought a new damper for my used small and the feet were in the box. The dealer said they had none then I opened the box and viola!!
  • That would be like well like stealing...it is stealing in my book
  • Mickey
    Lowflyer said:
    I bought a new damper for my used small and the feet were in the box. The dealer said they had none then I opened the box and viola!!

Ok that shows a dealer thought: hay, he has a metal top so no need need in a ceramic top as well. Bet he had a nest as well. That is just not right. Or he just forgot? But did he sell you that or give it to you ( he had zero invested in it).

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    I agree 110% with Mickey.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2013
    @ Mickey-We ordered them in as they were stock items up unitl this past year.  I think we have 3 sets left around here.  Most customers who wanted to buy them had feet that they either misplaced or threw away.  Now that is wrong.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Mickey
    @ Mickey-We ordered them in as they were stock items up unitl this past year.  I think we have 3 sets left around here.  Most customers who wanted to buy them had feet that they either misplaced or threw away.  Now that is wrong.

Thank you Smitty for setting that straight. A very good friend of both of us speaks very highly of you and for my short 7 years I have thought you to be a class guy. You just proved it. I still feel what other dealers are doing is wrong. I think it would be like me pulling the spair tire out and offering it for sale to the new owner.

• Mickey said:

I still feel what other dealers are doing is wrong. I think it would be like me pulling the spair tire out and offering it for sale to the new owner.
    Maybe wrong, but many customers are quick to want $150 off the Egg and ask if we can throw in accessories for free on top of that...can't have it both ways my friend.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Mickey
    Mickey said:

I still feel what other dealers are doing is wrong. I think it would be like me pulling the spair tire out and offering it for sale to the new owner.
    Maybe wrong, but many customers are quick to want $150 off the Egg and ask if we can throw in accessories for free on top of that...can't have it both ways my friend.

100% disagree with you. Sold my first new car in 1968 and still in the new car business. 45 years and never stole something out of a car to sell back to a customer. You just say no to the offer. Those feet belong to the customer buying the Egg. They are pulled out of a sealed box sold to a customer.

• You should be an Egg dealer, we need more honest guys in the ranks. But just like the car dealers, there are a few that really should not be trusted.  

And here I was thinking I would be stuck with these odsolete items....they seem to be back in demand. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    The car business is no different with obsolete. When we buy from the factory or distributor that car belongs to the dealer. That is one obsolete item you don't want to keep. You sell at some price just like Eggs. Same with parts but the factory will take back a small % (small) each year. The rest is sold at some price.

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Lowes - about $6

and these work????????
  • Now if that old DVD could become "vogue" again we could also unload the left over half dozen of those as well.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA