Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

1st brisket with pics. I'll take it!

I just finished my first brisket. 16# untrimmed, choice packer. I put it on last night around 6:30 in the evening. I went indirect, legs up, Hickory chunk (against recommendations but it was what I had), between 205-225 for a little over 12 hours until internal hit 195. I was shooting for 200 but fire went out so I called it good. FTC for 3 hours then served lunch. I could definitely stand some improvement on my carving skills but I was very pleased with the tenderness. It wasn't dried out at all. I suppose I should chalk it up to beginners luck but I am pleased with my first attempt and now anxious to try again. That is by far the most nervous/intimidated for a cook I have been yet. Very fun! I love the Egg!!

Any advice for future cooks much appreciated!
LBGE Columbus IN

Comments