Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a Simple T-Bone

Options

First of all, i wish everyone one a good weekend coming up. Its going to be a beauty up here and things are finally starting to melt. Just posting some pics of a quick T-Bone supper the other night, steaks went on at around 650F direct, pretty quick cook. Spuds took about an hour at 350.indirect.

Have a good one!

imageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My kind of meal AE. Nice!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Same here! The steaks cooked so damn fast I did not even get a chance to snap a pick while they were on! Lovin the Egg!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    T-Bone, crab legs with drawn butter and caramelized onions and taters, topped with 'shrooms; got it all there isn't anymore. That's not simple, that's perfect!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Very nice!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    T-Bone, crab legs with drawn butter and caramelized onions and taters, topped with 'shrooms; got it all there isn't anymore. That's not simple, that's perfect!
    True true. If that is "just a quick supper from the other night" and is considered "simple"... I'm moving to his house.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Surf and turf! Nice!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    True true. If that is "just a quick supper from the other night" and is considered "simple"... I'm moving to his house.
    Plenty of room Eggcelsior, but you would have to bring your Egg and show me a few things. :D
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is one great looking plate! Man is it making me hungry. Great job.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I have to stop looking at these pictures before lunch! Looks great.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    That's an awesome cook.  My grandfather taught me how to grill by cooking T-bones over orange tree wood from his grove - in a wheelbarrow with a grate thrown over it.  For New Year's this year we carried on the tradition by using his wheelbarrow and cooking T-bones - and having my son his two teenage cousins do the cooking like their great-grandfather would have.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Hey AE so glad to hear spring is in the air out west. As a fellow canuck I feel we deserve some sunshine...damn winter is depressing!!!!   Love your cook... looks awesome:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @foghorn cool story

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Good job, nice pics.  Keep them coming.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmMMMM!!! :))
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Way OT but just left the pub, 11 deg C here!! Headed to Volbeat concert! .....in a cab. Have a great night everyone! (Not to sure but I thinnk I may be spending the night in the city)....steak tomorrow on the egg again though!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    @shtgunal , thanks

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Browninggold
    Options