Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first time brisket

going to attempt my first brisket soon! any tips on rubs (i like to make my own), size, time temp?? only need to cook for a couple of people (unless the inlaws invite them selves over!!!)

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,695
    Are you doing a packer or a flat?

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    flat
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,484
    Just did my first flat on Saturday. It was a 6 pounder. All I can say is that give yourself enough time. Stall lasted a lot longer than I thought. It will hold for hours in the cooler so make sure you give yourself time. Other than that good luck. It's all about what you like.
    Ps FORK TEST not time not temp
    image.jpg 2.9M
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,695
    I haven't done a flat but I am sure some others have. I like the DP Cow Lick rub mixed with some turbino sugar.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia