Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Team Menard ... Grand Champs

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yahooooo..... Randy ( my cousin ) and I competed in a BBQ competition today. Randy was in charge of brisket, chicken, and ribs, I strolled in at the last minute and took charge of the anything other category. Heres how we placed:
2nd Chicken .............. chicken thigh's
2nd Ribs ................. st. louis ribs
3rd Brisket .............. whole brisket
1st anything other ....... stuffed softshell crabs[p]There were BBQ rigs as big as I had ever seen, and our little selves with 2 BGE's 2 BBQ Guru's sitting on my new little table. I'm not sure how many teams competed but from the visible smoke, you'd a thought there was a forest fire....... hehehe[p]Thanks go out to Dizzy Pig Rubs and Dr. BBQ's cook book ( instruction manual is a better phrase )
Randy had made a special purchase of the rubs from Chris and read Dr. BBQ's book from cover to cover TWICE before the competition.[p]Nature Boy, send me an email concerning those stuffed crabs. Or, email me your telephone number, we gotta talk.[p]

Comments