Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Michigan Eggers

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I wonder how much the new base costs? What's that price  + 600 compared to a demo XL that will have the warranty?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    According to the description, it has a long hairline crack in it. PASS
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'd love to see a pic of the corresponding internal wall where the crack is.

Plus, the seller sounds like a used car salesman.
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    I have heard in many instances where the warranty can be transferrable.   Matter of fact the gentleman who purchased my Egg his cousin works for the corporate and he was told that they are transferrable.   

I've ready both :)  However, I'd be scared that upon further transport that the crack would grow larger and that I'd be the person where the warranty wouldn't transfer and then I'd be stuck :)
    Large BGE

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    He also says he has the original recipe and it has not been registered. I would imagine you can register it in your name and put in a warranty claim??? I am not sure how that works.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013