Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Not a BGE...deal was too good to pass up. Made the table from this forum though.

Got a friends and family discount for the Kamado Joe that was just too good.

I addded a power strip underneath the top shelf and a speaker/subwoofer set with a wireless bluetooth adapter under the bottom shelf.

I also doubled the supports under the concrete paver and turned them vertically with a notch so the concrete would sit flush with the lower shelf and allow more air to circulate around the underside of the paver.

It's not shown but I got a Stoker which may have been the best purchase I have made in the last 10 years.  It works beautifully.

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,555
    edited March 2013
    Nice set-up. I don't think we'll bite. It is a "pseudo-egg" after all. ;)

What kind of speakers did you use?
  • Nice set-up. I don't think we'll bite. It is a "pseudo-egg" after all. ;)

What kind of speakers did you use?
    Cheap computer speakers from best buy, but because of the placement and weight of the smoker they sound really good.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,337
    Looking food my friend

XLBGE 
  • BryanLyleBryanLyle Posts: 28
    Nice looking setup.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice, looks like you made the table a little taller too. I'm tall so I need a little extra lift also.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    Nice table. You may need a thicker paver under the cooker though, like the patio pavers they have at HD/Lowe's.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Love the stereo addition.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,874
    Dig speaker setup
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,874
    Dig speaker setup
    Boom
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Awesome rig you got there! I too like your speaker set up!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Nice, looks like you made the table a little taller too. I'm tall so I need a little extra lift also.
    Yeah I'm 6:2 and if I remember i think the top of the table is about 40"
  • caliking said:
    Nice table. You may need a thicker paver under the cooker though, like the patio pavers they have at HD/Lowe's.
    It's almost 2" thick, just deceptive because it is recessed into the framework.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    caliking said:
    It's almost 2" thick, just deceptive because it is recessed into the framework.
    Never mind then, you've got it covered. Time to get it dirty!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nice! I think if you switched to acorn nuts on the carriage bolts it would look factory made.