Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6.5lb Butt -- Delicious Short cook!

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday morning, put the butt on the egg at around 6:15 am and headed to the office. Smoked it at about 250 to 275 until seven oclock last night. The internal temp was 197 and I was hungry.[p]I couldn't believe how quickly this butt cooked -- even in the rain![p]Tender and delicious! I love my EGG!!![p]B~F

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bama Fire, I just bought a big green egg and love it. We have cooked chicken, steak, ribs and corn. I would like to attempt to cook a roast on sunday, but am not sure on how to do this. If you have any advice please email me.[p]thanks

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bill hanna,
    Feel free to start a thread of your own when you have a question like this. Email is great for certain questions, and off-topic stuff, but the advantage of the forum is having several excellent, and diversified responses to your valid question!![p]What type of "roast" are you looking to do?? For example a shoulder (picnic and boston butt), and a loin roasts are cooked differently, as one is lean, and one is fatty. Lots of folks here to get ideas from. [p]Glad you are enjoying your egg. Welcome to this fine group.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    No 2 butts cook the same. The next one may tke longer.

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    bill hanna,
    I would second NB's comments. If you "post a new message" you'll get many more responses. Good luck![p]Happy 4th![p]B~F