Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Rock people

Plano_JJ
Plano_JJ Posts: 448

Blackberry Smoke was here last Thursday at the HOB in Dallas. Killer band. Ran into them while walking by the tour bus. If you love the old Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker and so on, you will love these guys.

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Will check out, not familiar with them. Do you like Drive-by truckers? My favorite southern rock band. Can't wait to listen to blackberry smoke tho
    Boom
  • Plano_JJ
    Will check out, not familiar with them. Do you like Drive-by truckers? My favorite southern rock band. Can't wait to listen to blackberry smoke tho
    I saw them live with Shooter Jennings. Its been a few years. Need to revisit. Good music is at a premium these days with all the manufactured crap out there.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I had Free Bird cranked up on the way in this morning. I'll give Blackberry smoke a listen
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • FanOfFanboys
    Plano_JJ said:

I saw them live with Shooter Jennings. Its been a few years. Need to revisit. Good music is at a premium these days with all the manufactured crap out there.

They are great and bc out so long they have a lot of albums, pretty diverse sound. I say start with Southern Rock Opera. Their magnum opus.
    I dig Shooter but honestly like Hank III more. Not into his really punk stuff but I like his sound.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys

I had Free Bird cranked up on the way in this morning. I'll give Blackberry smoke a listen

It sounds snobby but pre crash Skynard is the best. Ronnie Van Zant made that band. His song writing was the best.
    Boom
  • Plano_JJ
    They are from Atlanta.
  • Will check out, not familiar with them. Do you like Drive-by truckers? My favorite southern rock band. Can't wait to listen to blackberry smoke tho
    They are great and bc out so long they have a lot of albums, pretty diverse sound. I say start with Southern Rock Opera. Their magnum opus. I dig Shooter but honestly like Hank III more. Not into his really punk stuff but I like his sound.

Or decoration day
    Franklin, TN
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    They come to Owensboro,Ky once a year to a Fri after Five event during the summer and we go every time. If you are digging Blackberry Smoke you should check out a band called Bonepony.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Plano_JJ
    They are great and bc out so long they have a lot of albums, pretty diverse sound. I say start with Southern Rock Opera. Their magnum opus. I dig Shooter but honestly like Hank III more. Not into his really punk stuff but I like his sound.

Or decoration day
    Gonna do it. 
  • Plano_JJ
    They come to Owensboro,Ky once a year to a Fri after Five event during the summer and we go every time. If you are digging Blackberry Smoke you should check out a band called Bonepony.
    The kick ass live dont they? Gonna check out this other band as well.