Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BBQ Items

Comments

• Bad Byron's Butt Rub is too salty for my palate. I haven't tried Blues Hog or the cookers so I don't know.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Big Poppa smoker looks cool but it looks like it belongs out behind a raunchy strip club that happens to also serve BBQ.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2013
    The Big Poppa smoker looks cool but it looks like it belongs out behind a raunchy strip club that happens to also serve BBQ.
    You should come to Baltimore to get some Pit Beef at Chaps. It's in the parking lot of a strip club.

They do not use Big Poppa smokers, though. But you may hear "I love it when you call me Big Poppa" from the club
  • Owossoegger
    Owossoegger Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    @eggcelsior, were you there for "lunch" and decided to go outside to take this picture?  Is that 1st place for a BBQ cookoff or somethin'
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    No, I just pulled that off of the interwebs. I have been there; it's hilarious that it is in the parking lot with a line out the door. Makes you wonder if the "talent" is on lunch break. The owner's FIL owned the strip club. IT was on DDD and they had to be careful with the wide shots to avoid any "free advertising". It is a family friendly show after all.  ;)
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    I am not sure if About.com is an authority on anything.  Bad Byron's and Blues Hog are really good, but I think they are way off on backyard cookers.  Of course, their sampling method was terrible.  Oh well, UDS can be good, but only an egg can do everything well.