Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question on Tailgating with Small BGE

So maybe this is a stupid question, but how long after shutting down a Small BGE is it safe to put in a vehicle?  Not necessarily with anyone in the vehicle, but for safe storage, like tailgating when you finish cooking and want to head into the game or concert.  
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

• MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292

I have never tried to take my egg to a tailgate (i only have a large), but i would think if you can remove all the hot coals from the egg and leave the lid open that it would cool off much quicker then it normally takes.

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
     @MichiganJason takes his Egg to tailgates. I'm sure he has some good advice for you.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,946
    after the eggfest staff cleaned out the hot ash nola poured ice in the fire box
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,855
    edited March 2013
    I take mine on picnics & Egg at my Mom's house too. I remove the hot coals & leave the dome up. It cools off pretty quickly. How quick? That would depend on how hot you made it. edit I also pull the guts to cool separately.

Shangri la where life is beautiful and everybody's happy.