Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the height of a small?

Options
I'm thinking of buying a small or a mini to take on vacation with me and trying to decide how portable the small is.  The BGE site doesn't list overall height or at least I couldn't find it.  Not trying to start another mini vs small thread, just think the small would be a great addition to my large but want to make sure it is portable enough to take in a car.  The Egg CARTen looks like a great product to help with portability.  Thanks  

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Not sure of the height but I can carry my small BGE in my Hyundai Elantra very easily. We have the small & mini and depending on how many are camping, tailgating etc we will take one or the other or both...The small is a great compliment to the large and it is our go to BGE when it is just the 2 of us at home...
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Just got a small.  It easily fits in the seat of a typical passenger vehicle (that's how I got it home).  Not sure how much room the Egg CARTen takes up...but I ordered one and will find out soon.  
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I can measure mine when I get home for you. I have the eggcarten as well and it is perfect to travel with the small egg, I use it almost every week. Here is a picture in the back of my maxima. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Pretty sure it is 22".

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    The small will also fit in the back of a car in the box. If I beat these guys home I'll get you a measurement >:)

XLBGE 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options

2ft to the top of the capimage

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    I can measure mine when I get home for you. I have the eggcarten as well and it is perfect to travel with the small egg, I use it almost every week. Here is a picture in the back of my maxima. 
    It appears the EggCarten doesn't take up much extra room. That is my concern. Is that true?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @HI54putty It doesn't take up much more space at all,  i can measure it when I get home but it is actually more stabile in the eggcarten than it was when I first started traveling with it. 

This would rock the egg when I would step on the brake and it barely moves in the EggCarten
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.