Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What is the height of a small?

I'm thinking of buying a small or a mini to take on vacation with me and trying to decide how portable the small is.  The BGE site doesn't list overall height or at least I couldn't find it.  Not trying to start another mini vs small thread, just think the small would be a great addition to my large but want to make sure it is portable enough to take in a car.  The Egg CARTen looks like a great product to help with portability.  Thanks  
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Not sure of the height but I can carry my small BGE in my Hyundai Elantra very easily. We have the small & mini and depending on how many are camping, tailgating etc we will take one or the other or both...The small is a great compliment to the large and it is our go to BGE when it is just the 2 of us at home...
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Just got a small.  It easily fits in the seat of a typical passenger vehicle (that's how I got it home).  Not sure how much room the Egg CARTen takes up...but I ordered one and will find out soon.  
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I can measure mine when I get home for you. I have the eggcarten as well and it is perfect to travel with the small egg, I use it almost every week. Here is a picture in the back of my maxima. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Pretty sure it is 22".

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,132
    The small will also fit in the back of a car in the box. If I beat these guys home I'll get you a measurement >:)

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,449

2ft to the top of the capimage

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    Solson005 said:
    I can measure mine when I get home for you. I have the eggcarten as well and it is perfect to travel with the small egg, I use it almost every week. Here is a picture in the back of my maxima. 
    It appears the EggCarten doesn't take up much extra room. That is my concern. Is that true?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    @HI54putty It doesn't take up much more space at all,  i can measure it when I get home but it is actually more stabile in the eggcarten than it was when I first started traveling with it. 

This would rock the egg when I would step on the brake and it barely moves in the EggCarten
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·