Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meatloaf Sammich

Working on this for the next fest.  almost there just a few tweaks are needed
Roasted the veggies on the mini then into the processor with some bread to make a veggie panade
Veggies mixed into a 95/5 ground beef mixture and then formed into a loaf
Had to cut the French bread loaf in half to fit on the small
Wrapped in bacon and on the small
Off and cooling down
Sliced and served with chipotle mayo
Just a little soggy on the bottom. Next time will definitely will toast the bread before adding the uncooked meat.  Was not al all greasy.  Good flavor . Cooked indirect for 90 minute at 350.  Enough leftover for several meals.  For the two of us will use bollios or Hoagie rolls.
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,748
    Joan, you are a goddess. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,693
    Holy $hit
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Wow… Bar just got raised on that one! Nicely done!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,076

Joan,

It looks excellent! How does the bread fare in the egg for that long? Crunchy?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,304

Joan,

It looks excellent! How does the bread fare in the egg for that long? Crunchy?

No it didnt get break your tooth crunchy, but was crunchy.  The bacon really did protect the bread even when warm for leftovers.  

·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 557
    That's not Godwin's sammich is it?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Very nice!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
    All beef no ham.
    ·
  • dang joan.That is cool. Never seen anything like it.

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 521
    I am very intrigued by this.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,476
    Always said, bacon makes everything better. Really nice...
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,705

O:-) O:-) everybody is happy happy happy,    Jack
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    awesome, love the creativity
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,892
    I'm not a huge fan of bacon as the overwhelming main ingredient, but you have a very nice balance there - the bacon is on the outside, where it cooks and bastes the entree, wrapped in a starchy sleeping bag....yum.  Makes sense.  yowza

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,856
    I have seen many great foods wrapped in bacon, but this is the first time I have seen a bacon wrapped sammich! ^:)^

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    @ everyone. Thanks. This is definitely coming to a fest near me. Working on a ketchup dipping sauce now. Other half likes the raspberry chipotle mayo sauce but another sauce is always good. BTW the reheated leftovers tasted great.
    The originals recipe was done for the ice fest by Molly and Enrico. They used marinated pork tenderloins. That is tasty too
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,085

I was in the site looking for my first Meatloaf cook for tonights dinner.

Found it. Just have to take a few supplies home from work to execute.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,487

Joan, let's practice in Athens.

Molly put some EVOO on her bread before she put the tenderloin on.  What would happen if you slathered some pizza sauce on the bread making sure it was spread to the edges to keep it from getting too crunchy????

·