Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Almost finished my nest for my Xl Egg!!

Hi all 
I was encouraged by the fantastic tables on this site so I set out to build a nest for my XL egg.   It started out as a bakers table that was left outside at a metal junkyard for years. I took of the butchers block, turned it upside down and refinished it with boat varnish (so I can cut on it) and then used the wood from the egg cut-out to make the drawers.  The handles are bamboo kitchen utensils from the dollar store that I painted using boat pain.  I have put everything that I can think of into it.  If you have any ideas for things I missed let me know.  So far it has an LED light, bottle opener,  Ipod Dock, speakers, an umbrella, a portable battery pack to power it, a 120 volt outlet, a fan, an electric food heater and some sliding storage.  The thing weighs a ton so I have had some custom casters made but I need to find a mobile welder to get them on. I was thinking about adding a swing arm that could hold an extra small egg but I can't seem to figure out how it can attach it to the table and have it strong enough to hold the egg.  Maybe a round metal holder that the egg could sit in attached to a metal articlualting arm?   Anyway here are some pictures of my nest (as you can see the first time I used it I forgot to put in the charcoal plate - rookie mistake but boy did it get hot!)   

Comments