Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Texas BBQ Editor

jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
Any of you all know this guy or follow his blog?
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Yup. Been reading his for years. Its where I first heard about Snow's and Franklin's. I think he used to have some deal that if you found a bbq place he had never heard of, he'd meet you there and buy you lunch. One just opened up down the road, so I mentioned it to him...he'd already been. Grrrr!! I'm gonna get him on that some day. I told him when Joe Cotten's (outside of Corpus) burned down and he did a post on it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    I have been following his Full Custom Gospel BBQ blog for years. Seems to me, he would be as good as any when it comes to expressing an opinion on BBQ joints. 

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Griffin said:
    Yup. Been reading his for years. Its where I first heard about Snow's and Franklin's. I think he used to have some deal that if you found a bbq place he had never heard of, he'd meet you there and buy you lunch. One just opened up down the road, so I mentioned it to him...he'd already been. Grrrr!! I'm gonna get him on that some day. I told him when Joe Cotten's (outside of Corpus) burned down and he did a post on it.

He's great. I'm petty sure Griff turned me on to him last year.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    I have to say he has a stronger disposition than I. Last year, my husband, stepson and I decided to do a "double barbecue day" in KC, and twice in one day was just too much. We didn't pace ourselves at the first stop, though. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia