Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

medium owners what stone do you use for indirect cooks?

Options
10 inch seems to small, 13 inch seems to big on the woo.  Just asking. Used the 10 inch for brisket yesterday and it worked but seemed like I burned a lot of charcoal.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    I use the CGS 10 inch w/my Woo and it works great
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The medium plate setter is about 10 1/2" across, obviously the legs are the full 15 1/2" to 15 3/4" depending on the vintage. I use a dollar store 12" steel pizza pan, foil wrapped and it sits inside the setter legs leaving a nice +1" all around for air flow. 
    I only use the pizza pan if the meat I'm cooking will overhang the setter. 
    I've never noticed any difference in charcoal use wether using the setter alone or the "larger" pizza pan. Temp is temp, and fuel use should be constant regardless of what indirect set-up you are using. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!