Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Rib Question

Options
I am going to smoke 3 racks of baby backs this weekend , I have done the 3 2 1 method and they were awesome this time I have to take them an hour away to my father- in- laws and I'm not sure how to make them taste as good as last time . Should I under cook them , put them in foil and into a cooler for the trip ?

Comments

• rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Options
    personally i would cook as usual and ftc them.
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    rontho said:
    personally i would cook as usual and ftc them.

+ 1
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    +2 I'd cook them how you like them and foil them to the cooler. Maybe leave one rack without sauce so those that want to apply sauce themselves can.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    You have your answers, cook em until done, FTC and travel and enjoy!
    A little early off the grill will not hurt as they will cook a little in the FTC mode. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I will pile on and say "cook them zackly like you did before".  The FTC will hold them and if anything it will tenderize them even more.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    My parents live 2 hours away.  I have always double foiled my ribs and then wrap them in towels and put them in a cooler.  They are always still hot when we get there. Slice them when we get ready to eat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank You everyone for the help .
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks as well!  First time cook w/ St. Louis cut ribs.  I'm trying 3-2-1 but I'm doing 3-2, then FTC for about an hour until family gets here, then I'll put em back on to sauce.  That downtime will allow me to grill some corn for a bit though!  

Thanks for the advice!

bbqjdub
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC