Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another newby

Options
Just got my egg and table this weekend, Sat did some ribs but after too many beverages forgot to take pics, but here's some leg quarters i did sunday. They turned out amazing, ive never made chicken that was so moist. Sometime this week i will try a pizza and this weekend either a pork butt or brisket, more pics to come!!! 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Welcome and you are off to a good start.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Look's great! Welcome

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Welcome. Damn there is a bunch today. Did I miss a sale or something? ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Is that fire wire. I got to get that
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options

Welcome to the cult :)  I'm not sure if you used any smoke, but I really like Apple wood with chicken.   Enjoy! 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I was just trying to figure that out too. I'm guessing they just all got their clearance from the tower to join the forum at the same time. Fresh Meat!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Did you brine those quarters??
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Welcome.  Looking forward to more successful cooks.  Help is all over here if you need it.
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

I was just trying to figure that out too. I'm guessing they just all got their clearance from the tower to join the forum at the same time. Fresh Meat!

Travis must have ok'ed everyone.... but they have to get by the forum police, right Centex?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • chris123stock
    Options
    Welcome, just remember if you need help with cooks, well im not much help BUT I will alway try, and well if its wrong well I will change my name and picture, no really these guys are a great help, they help me all the time, only thing is I am always trying to call people and they never answer, I think they might be real busy I guess. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Welcome-and enjoy the game changer.  Kool-aid consumption at your pace:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.  Enjoy your new egg.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    lol as far as a sale no i didn't think these guys ever went on sale, I had originally planned on going to Eggfest in Salado (because I'm right up the road in Austin) to try and get a demo but we moved into our new house that weekend so i couldn't make it. 
    As far as the firewire, I'm not sure if that's what it was called, I just picked it up at HEB in their little BBQ isle, it was like $8 for two.
    Sookie- I used cherry wood chunks, ill definately try out the apple next time.
    Charlie Tuna- I'm not sure what brine is, I just put some soy sauce, galic powder , and onion powder on them, shook off excess and near the end put on some BBQ sauce.
    This week Im gonna make a pizza out of one of those cheapo Chef Boyardee box things, that will hold me over until I can find a dough recipe.
     Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options

Ha...same thing I was thinking. Love seeing people jumping in. More Eggheads = More awesome recipes and ideas. Welcome everyone!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I had originally planned on going to Eggfest in Salado (because I'm right up the road in Austin) to try and get a demo but we moved into our new house that weekend so i couldn't make it. 

first thing you need to do is get your priorities straight.

sell house... build egg table
    leave spouse... sleep with butcher 4 discount
    quit job... spend all day on forum
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    Welcome!   This is a great place to learn. I've picked up tons of great ideas and recipes and have had some awesome cooks so far.... you'll enjoy it.  
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Welcome!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • smokinsooner
    Options
    henapple said:
    I had originally planned on going to Eggfest in Salado (because I'm right up the road in Austin) to try and get a demo but we moved into our new house that weekend so i couldn't make it.  first thing you need to do is get your priorities straight. sell house... build egg table leave spouse... sleep with butcher 4 discount quit job... spend all day on forum

Henapple... you're an inspiration to us all.

Welcome "84"!

=))
    BOOMER!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Welcome aboard,
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • chris123stock
    Options
    henapple said:
    I had originally planned on going to Eggfest in Salado (because I'm right up the road in Austin) to try and get a demo but we moved into our new house that weekend so i couldn't make it.  first thing you need to do is get your priorities straight. sell house... build egg table leave spouse... sleep with butcher 4 discount quit job... spend all day on forum
    So true. ^:)^
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Welcome Newby.  Are you gonna change your name after you're seasoned with the Egg?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    500 said:
    Welcome Newby.  Are you gonna change your name after you're seasoned with the Egg?
    yeah maybe so, i used that name because it was the same name i used on a hunting forum when i got on there. I got a long way to go though!