Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Griffin's Pulled Beef

I made Griffin's Pulled Beef on Sunday. It was pretty tasty, but I noticed that one of my chuck roasts was considerably drier than the other. The meat came in a two pack from Costco. One chuck roast was 2.5 pounds and the other was 1.5 pounds. 

The 2.5 pound roast finished in 7 hours 30 minutes and the 1.5 pound roast finished in 7 hours and 45 minutes. Both were prepped and cooked in a similar manner. After cooking, I let them both rest 30 minutes before pulling them. The smaller one turned out much more tender and moist.

Any ideas why that might happen?

Thanks!

Kyle

Comments