Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Venison Jalapeno Cheese Sausage

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,349

Finally got around to breaking in my sausage stuffer I got for Christmas. Its the 5lb LEM one. Works so much better than using the grinder as a stuffer.

Mrs. G wanted jalapeno cheese sausage and who am I to argue? Started with 2.31 lbs of venison, 2.49 lbs of pork shoulder and .62 lbs of back fat.

No pictures of it being ground or stuffed. Kinda messy and didn't want to stop and wash my hands.Started it at 12 pm at 145 (higher than I wanted)

Three hours in

Done in 4.5 hours

Ice bath to stop the cooking

Grilled up a link Sunday to try

Mrs. G loved it. I was pleased with it, but think I will tweak a few things next time. Plenty juicy, good snap to the casing and nice flavor, but not enough heat. Also gonna try high temp cheese next time. Other wise, I'd call it a success and we have 4 more pounds of it in the freezer. :)

Venison Jalapeno Cheese Sausage

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments